Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I survived hump day y'all!

Wow, hump day is over!  The weather couldn't be finer (well unless I lived in Carolina..hmmm that sounds like a song!).  Wow, yesterday and today have been really long days with lots to do but getting there.  Work day yesterday was sooo boring but at the end of the day I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with my sweet, sweet hubby.  I made him Low Country Frogmore Stew and we chowed down (see recipe below).  I can be having a really bad day and spending time in my kitchen lifts my mood..plus it's really nice to cook for someone who appreciates it so much, and believe me he does!  Started my day today with a dental appointment, teeth all still intact and clean and shiny!  Next week is our annual Halloween party so there is so much to do before then!  Today I planted some mums, made cornhole bags for our cornhole game, made a sign for the road so newbies to the party know where to go, started on the outside decorating, did some laundry, finished Chip’s Halloween costume and in the midst of all that worked 8 hours!  Yep, I’m tired just rehashing it all.  Tomorrow will be a repeat of the same.  I have a mosaic table to finish, need to do more decorating since doing a little each day is easier than accomplishing it all at once, have to take the Jeep in for service, work again, make dinner, and hopefully finish up in time to watch Grey’s and Private Practice.  Sometimes I feel like a hamster on a little wheel, but life is good and I’m blessed any way you look at it!  Nite to all out there…sweet dreams…..zzzzzzzz

Low Country Frogmore Stew
4 quarts cold water
¼ cup Old Bay seasoning (add more if want spicier taste)
1 tbsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
4 celery stalks, cut into 1” pieces
1 yellow onion, diced
1 garlic head, halved crosswise
2 ½ lb small red potatoes
4 ears of corn, shucked and cut each into 2 pieces
2 lb smoked sausage (such as Kielbasa), cut into chunks
2 lb medium shrimp, deveined, in shell

Put water in large pot and add Old Bay, 1 tbsp salt, celery, onion,
garlic and potatoes.  Cook on medium-high heat until reaches boiling
then turn down to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes.  Add
corn and sausage and simmer about 5 minutes.  Add shrimp and simmer
until opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.  Taste broth and add more salt and
Old Bay if needed.  Transfer stew to large bowl.

To eat traditional low country style, spread heavy brown paper over
table outside and spread entire stew over paper, sit everyone around
table and pig out!   Once meal is finished, simply roll up paper and toss
shrimp shells and corn cobs in trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment