Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter blessings

I don't know about all of you out there in cyberspace but my Monday is so much better because of my Easter Sunday yesterday.  I felt such joy during the day all day yesterday, our Sunday morning services at St. Peter's Episcopal Church were uplifting and I've never felt more jubilant in my belief that Jesus arose from the grave, everything in the service just felt so right in confirming my lifetime beliefs. The beautiful flowers made our sanctuary unbelievably grand, the music from our choir made your heart sing just to listen and the message Father Tom gave was incredible! Even before the service we were celebrating the day with an Easter brunch that none could rival....Eggs Benedict with Hollaindaise Sauce, thick sliced bacon, hash browns, scrambled fiesta eggs, homemade biscuits topped with sausage gravy, and of course my "almost famous" shrimp & grits, along with a mounding bowl of fresh cut fruit!  To top all that off we had the coffee and some mighty tasty mimosas!  Of course I ate too much but it was all well worth it.

Also, the ladies of the church were sporting their great Easter hats, a tradition that's long been gone away but I think should be revitalized and we had an anonymous member who promised to donate $10 to the church for every hat worn on Easter Sunday. I loved seeing the different creations everyone wore and it just added something to the day for me. I, myself, was excited to wear my vintage hat and pinned my late Grandmother Faulkenberry's pin onto it and wore her earrings, so I hope she was smiling down from heaven in appreciation of me enjoying channeling her look.


On this Monday morning, I've reflective and thankful I had a life in which God was a part. My family was tough sometimes to grow up in, the church was our second home, but the beliefs instilled in me as a child have carried through to my adult life and I am a stronger person for it. I have a wonderful church family, and my weeks just aren't quite the same if I miss the Sunday services and the spiritual uplift I crave from that. No, I'm not super religious, but I need my spiritual fill to survive and I am thankful for my life and the blessings of it.

Hope you all had a day like mine, if not seek it out, it will change your life and enrich you in ways you cannot imagine.  May the Peace of the Easter joy be with you all, until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment