Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

What a glorious day!

Today was such a wonderful day!  That's me kneeling during the confirmation at St. Peter's Episcopal church today.  I was confirmed and I am so happy!  I am at home at St. Peters, they are my church family, spiritual family and mean more to me than I can say.  Being away from my friends and family in South Carolina, my friends at St. Peter's have filled that gap and I'm so proud and honored to say I'm officially a confirmed St. Peter's parishoner!  The service today was so special and there were quite a few people who were confirmed, received and even one baptism.  The church was packed and it was a beautiful thing to see.  My wonderful husband, Sam, gave me my own personal copy of the Book of Common Prayer that I will cherish forever.  Bishop Smith blessed it and signed it for me and I look forward to using it time and time again.

At the end of a somewhat difficult week, today was a breath of fresh air for me and I feel cleansed somehow.  The day to day business of living has a way of dragging me down some days and I feel bogged in all the "stuff" we have to do.  Sometimes I wish there was a pause button so I could just sit and do nothing, relax and rejuvinate from everything that pushes at us in life.  Life is hard and life is stressful but the days we have when we have moments of joy are so worth all the other difficult days.  Joyful days make us stop and take note of who and what is important to us and that was what today was for me.

I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment